Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday: Italy

I have always dreamed of going to Italy. The land, the language, the history, and the food just fascinates me. Well, after last week and running around in a "chicken with its head cut off" kind of way I decided to not go all out this week. I made ravioli and let me tell you it was super simple and ready in about 20 mins.

There really isn't a recipe for this unless you make your own spaghetti sauce or want to venture and make your own ravioli and you can find that recipe here. I went to the frozen food section and found a bag of ravioli. They have beef, cheese, italian sausage, etc. so pick what you would like. Follow the cooking instructions on the package. Make sure to heat up the spaghetti sauce. And if you would like to add meat to the sauce make sure to brown/cook it before mixing with the sauce. Also allow time for the meat and sauce to simmer before serving. Add some delicious garlic toast and your meal is complete!
Stay tuned, next week we are venturing to Germany!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I'm a couple days late, But this sure looks yummy!! I guess I will be cooking up some this weekend. Your idea's help me to figure out what to make for dinner try something new..
Love You
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

Good choice, The kitchen sure looked a lot cleaner this week. The food was good, no left overs. love you Mom