Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little place we like to call home


We are all settled into our little place we like to call home (for now that is). Last August Josh moved into a brand spanking new apartment. It was the kind of thing where I walked in and said I loved it so let's sign the lease. I really don't know how house shopping is going to go because I am the kind of girl that if I like it and want it I don't want to keep looking around, why keep looking around when what I want is right in front of my face? Yup, that is me. My husband absolutely loves this quality about me (haha yea right). Right before the wedding I started to move my stuff in. Let's just say I still have about a dozen or so pairs of shoes at my parents with countless college books, notebooks, and binders. Let alone I still have stuff in rubbermaid containers here because my dear husband just won't get me the 6 foot tall book cases I want to put all my books and photo albums and everything in between on. But for the most part we are settle and it just feel like home.

So I will give you a little tour of our almost one thousand square foot living space, but before I do I want you to know I spent all morning cleaning, you know the kind of cleaning you do before your mother-in-law comes over, yup that kind of cleaning.
View as you walk in the front door
One of my favorite places, the kitchen
Bathroom
Dining area


Our bedroom

Hallway with laundry on the right
Deck and a good hello to winter!
Second bedroom or as Josh likes to call it "The Man Cave". That's why the man is always in there, right?

 So there you have it, the  little place we like to call home. Oh and FYI we were watching House Hunters (HGTV) the other night and a condo in NYC that was a little over one thousand square feet was selling for $925,00!!! That didn't include the $25,000 HOA fees or the $40,000 parking spot. And here in my cozy little suburb of Green Bay, Wisconsin we pay about $700 a month which includes heat and water with an in-unit washer/dryer and a garage. So you big city people are just nuts!

******
For some other housekeeping, this good old blog will hopefully be getting more use this year. I plan on doing Tastefully Tuesdays as I did last year, but this year I plan on including more pictures to actually show the steps taken to making the concoctions. So if you have any recipe ideas please shoot me an email or leave a comment, we are open to almost anything.

Earlier this week my cousin had a very interesting post on here blog about living less. Yesterday I ran out and got the book "7: an experimental mutiny against excess", by Jen Hatmaker. Josh and I maybe doing a little experimenting on our own about living less and I hope to share with you here about the excitement and challenges we me have along the way!

Happy snowy blizzardy Thursday to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the little thing you call home. looks cozy. I will recipe hut and let you know when we can make it over for dinner. Love to you both. Mom