Monday, January 9, 2012

2011!

It has been a long , but good six months since I have posted. Just thought I would let you all know that I am back! I hope to bring some new things and ideas to the blog this year, but not before I recap the past year.

January
I told myself that I would be active this year. I also survived playing mama for a week! And my Mom turned 49 (sorry Mom!)

February
The Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl (that's a pretty big thing in this household). I got reconnected with some special people. Josh and I participated in our first run of the year. And my little brother got confirmed.

March
I took a twist on my "Tastefully Tuesday" posts and traveled world wide. And I wrote about some lenten thoughts here.

April
Not much too exciting happened in April, but we did participate in the local Relay for Life.

May
All the running craziness started with a duathlon. Ran my first marathon and dedicated each mile to someone special. Also I shared a few of my favorite things. And Josh turned 23!

June
Not much going on in June...Josh and I ran the Bellin Run and my little brother turned 17!

After the Bellin Run
July
July brought grief into my life as I lost my best friend to cancer. Josh, my dad, and I participated in our first triathlon! And my dad and I ran the Packer 5k with a group called My Team Triumph.
Getting ready to go! At the Door County Sprint Triathlon.
August
Josh moved into our apartment (will do a post on that soon). Had an amazing wedding shower and bachelorette party. Had a great mother/daughter getaway. And ran a half marathon in Minnesota.

Some GREAT women

13.1 marathon in Minneapolis, MN
September
We found ourselves out in MN yet again for the Breath of Hope Lung Cancer 5k that we run in honor of my Aunt Nan.
Josh and two of his favorites in our first trip to IKEA
October
My Dad and I had the Green Bay Duathlon and also ran the Africa Hope Run with My Team Triumph. We also walked in honor of two great people at the local Breast Cancer Walk. My Dad turned 46. I got a new client at work. Oh, and we got MARRIED!!!!


To see more wedding photos go here
 I will also post more on the wedding soon!

November
Settled into married life. I turned 24. My mom and I went and saw Breaking Dawn Part 1 (yes I am in love with the whole Twilight Saga).

December
Decorated our first Christmas tree. Attended our first "adult" Christmas party :) And celebrated our first Christmas together as husband and wife.


2011 ended as quietly as it started. Here is to you and hoping the new year brings you good company, great health and ever lasting love!

No comments: