Monday, May 23, 2011

Just a FEW of my favorite things!

Over the weekend Josh and I went up to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Upper Michigan. We couldn't have asked for better weather and a more peace time together (besides almost running out of gas in the middle of nowhere!).
The past couple of years I really have enjoyed the outdoors...I mean look at this picture, sun setting over Lake Superior! The fresh clean air, the peaceful surroundings, and the beautiful setting have found a place in my heart.

We headed up north to celebrate Josh's 23 birthday (which is a week from Tuesday). It was a great time to catch up on each others thoughts and feelings with everything coming up in our lives. I mentioned above that we almost ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, but we made it to a small town that had one gas station and guess how much a gallon of gas was...$4.35! Now if I would have gotten gas when I was suppose to we would have only paid $4.01 a gallon! So needless to say this little detour cut out on our hiking time.
Happy Birthday Josh!



-----
I am totally in love with this book right now. My best friend's older sister wrote this book and it finally came from the printers about 2 weeks ago. This is Kristin's (the author) debut children's book. She has been affected by cancer because both her mother and younger sister are battling it right now so the subject touches her dearly. Plus she has a 3 year old son so what better way to bring light to such a dark subject then to write a children's book!
Kristin takes the scary word cancer and shows us the light to what the word can really mean. The illustrations are unique and creative and the words come from the heart.
 Giveaway: I will be giving away ONE book to someone that leaves a comment! Drawing will be Sunday May 29th.

If you would like to purchase your own book please go here...www.kSimonSays.com
- 25% of the proceeds of this book go Families of Children With Cancer (www.focwc.org)

Disclaimer: I bought my own copy of this book and I bought the copy that I will be giving away.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Oh upper Mich. I remember, just beautiful. Glad you had great weather. Yes the book is great I enjoyed reading it. love you mom