Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday and Mother's Day!

I told my mom that I would come home from work and make dinner. I started out with the idea that I would make some sort of steak, but changed that idea when I came across this: Hawaiian Ribs on a Stick! For one my mom likes ribs and second she LOVES Hawaii. This marinade was great and left the meat so flavorful and juicey!

How delicious does this look?
Recipe for Hawaiian Marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup water
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil

Make the marinade and marinade the meat for the day or even overnight. Do NOT discharge the marinade once cooking the meat, you will need it to bast the meat while cooking. If cooking on the grill, cook about 20 mins. I flipped mine at 10 minutes and basted. You can also bake the ribs in the oven. This will take about an hour at 400 degrees and you want to pull out and bast every 15 mins. 

----
Again, sorry for the delay in the blogpost. I should be back to being on top of this next week! 3 days left until the marathon and I think my nerves are shot. My body is sore and I just can't wait for Sunday to get here so I can just do this. 

Come back on Saturday and read how I prepared for running the marathon and see what mile YOU are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ribs were great. hint hint. I wish you all the best on Sunday. I'm so proud of you. Love you Mom

Uncle Mike said...

My mouth is watering. looks good.


Uncle Mike.

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous!! I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.
You will do GREAT on Sunday, will be thinking of you.
Love You
Aunt Laurie