Sunday, May 15, 2011

Twenty Six Point Two

I paricipated in the Green Bay Cellcom Marathon this morning. I ran 26.2 miles in 5 hours and 15 seconds. I am over joyed with what I accomplished.

The sun was shining and the breeze was blowing (oh only 40+ mile an hour gusts). I woke up this morning at about 4am listening to the wind howl and wondered what I got myself into. Josh came to pick me up and we sat and froze outside Lambeau Field in anticpation for the race to start. The first part of the race wasn't too bad with the wind because we were changing direction enough so I told myself no walking until mile 16 (which was the start of the Fox River trail and would be a 6 mile battle against the wind) and I didn't walk until then! Oh and I got to run a lap on the field inside Lambeau right before crossing the finish line, how cool is that!?

Had some visitors along the way and boy was I thrilled to have someone cheering me on! Many people made signs to cheer people on and I got a few chuckles out of some of the signs on the course..."If you can read this you are running to slow", "I am so proud of you stranger", "Black toe nails are sexy", "Pain is only temporary, the pride of running a marathon is forever".

Right before mile 16
My lap around Lambeau
Crossing the finish line!!!!
All done
Just some of my support crowd!
My body is very sore right now, but so excited to go get pedicures with a friend tomorrow! Will also be taking the week off of all activities and then will start running again in preparation for the Bellin Run on June 11!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you

simplicity said...

WOOHOO!! I'm so proud of you!! You did it! You're amazing!! Rest up this week! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You sure have blossomed. I am so very very proud of you I could cry with joy. You did a wonderful run yesterday. Enjoy your week off, you will get busy soon. So glad I could be there to support and watch you. Love you Mom

Dad said...

Couldn't be more proud of you. Keep raising the bar and you will be amazed what you will accomplish in your life. 'Upward and onward always' has always been my motto. Looking forward to your next achievement. All my love, Dad

FYI-Your May 14 entry, the quote from Isiah 40, brace yourself, but I heard it twenty five years ago in a little known movie called Chariots of Fire.