Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday and Some Other Thoughts

Monday morning I was watching the Rachael Ray show and she made this, Michigan Mac-Topped Hot Dogs. It is kind of a twist of the chili dog but also has mac and cheese! It was pretty good and had a little kick to it! If you want something new to do with a hot dog you can find the recipe here.

Rachael Ray's Michigan Mac-Topped Hot Dog
-----

I am sure by now you have heard the news that the terrorist leader who was in charge of the 9/11 attacks is now dead. Don't get me wrong I know he was a bad man and did terrible things all around the world and especially here in the United States, but how much better are we that we are celebrating his death in the streets? What does that teach our young ones? I am not a mother but you can go here and find a mother's dilemma.

This time reminds me of the John Lennon song "Imagine"

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
-----

Spring is finally in the air!!! I celebrated the beautiful weather with a 20 mile run yesterday and I have the goofy tan lines to prove it!

I just love spring. New growth and new, bright colors instead of the dual, dark ones from a long winter!

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

Nice post! Your comment about examples to little ones is interesting. Sad truth is that various secular TV and radio is overly influentual to the little ones. The world will not be as John Lennon hoped. With the poison of SIN in mankind. The only Hope is faith in the sacrifice of Jesus for our FREE salvation. "Not by works lest anyone should boast"

Anonymous said...

The hot dog was really good I would eat this again soon, hint hint. The rest of the post was very good to read and my in opinion so right on Love to you Mom

simplicity said...

Love that last pic of the flowers! I hear ya, Samantha, on all the other stuff! :) Happy Friday Cousin!!