Saturday, May 14, 2011

"They will run and not grow weary"

I saw this on a sign the other day and it pretty much as been in my mind since. Isaiah 40:31, "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; THEY WILL RUN AND NOT GROW WEARY, they will walk and not be faint."

Tomorrow is the day. I will run my first marathon and let me tell you the last week has been pretty rough on my nerves (I think they are pretty much shot). I  understand it is all a mind game and trust me it is a tough battle. The past few days I have been going between I can't do this and then arguing with myself and saying I can do this. My legs are sore, no wait, my body is sore. I am so looking forward to taking the next week off, but before that happens I have to make it through tomorrow.

Pasta dinner has been eaten, the chip is on, the clothes are all picked out, my pack is all packed with GU, and my bag is all packed. The weather looks like no rain, clouds at the beginning opening up to partly cloudy skies, and wind, oh how I love the wind.

I signed up for this back in January and procrastinated a lot of my training until about two months ago. Along with running I also did Zumba classes two days a week. It has been a rough road and finally the day is here.

My last post I said to come back and see what mile you are. Well I decided to dedicate each mile I am running to someone special in my life.

Mile 1 - My mom. If it wasn't for her I would not be here today to even participate in this.
Mile 2 - My dad. My partner in crime when it comes to stuff like this.
Mile 3 - My brother. We may not get a long most of the time, but he has shown me some support the past few weeks.
Mile 4 - Josh. You will most likely see him later in the list, but he is the one telling me I can do it when I say I can't.
Mile 5 - My future in-laws. Besides my own family they are my second biggest support crowd, even when they tell me I am crazy!
Mile 6-10 - To my wonderful extended family.
Mile 11-17 - To all my wonderful friends (you know who you are). You provide competition to help push me along the way.
Mile 18-20 - To a beautiful mother/daughter pair. This will probably be the toughest part of the run so here is to you! I can't image going through what you two have been through the past 3-4 years. Besides my own mother you two are two of the toughest women I know!
Mile 21-24 - To all my loved ones who are not here today. I still think of you day in and day out and know you will helping me in spirit.
Mile 25 - For myself.
Mile 26 - For God. He granted me enough strength to make it this far so here is to Him.
Mile 26.1-26.2 - Josh and my family. Can't wait to see your faces when I cross the finish line!


Thanks for stopping back and thinking about me! I will post pictures and results tomorrow evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you will do this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, I will be chearing you on even though I can't be there in person.

I life up my eyes to the Lord- Where does my help come from ? My help comes from the Lord maker of heaven and earth
He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber. the lord watches over you the Lord is your shade at your right hand. Psalm 121.

I Love You Good Luck tomorrow.
Aunt Laurie