Monday, May 2, 2011

And it starts!

Yesterday my Dad and I participated in our first event of the season...the Paper Discovery Duathlon down in Neenah, Wisconsin. It turned out to be a beautiful morning minus the strong winds.
Before the race began!
A duathlon is a biking/running event. At this event I ran 2 miles, my Dad biked 19 miles, and then I ran another 2 miles to finish us up. Each duathlon has its own lengths of running and biking. For example last October we participated in the Green Bay Duathlon and I ran 3 miles, Dad biked 39(?), and then I ran 1 mile. Many people also do this event by themselves (not on a relay team).
Dad coming into the transition area after his biking (he is behind the guy in the white shirt)
On the last two mile stretch!
All done!
We ended up finishing 19th out of 79 relay teams with a total time of 1 hour 37 minutes and 17 seconds. You did a great job Dad and I am proud to be your duathlon partner! Can't wait for our next event together!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG Samantha and Dad !! keep up the great riding and running..

Love You
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you and your Dad do things like that together. You both did a great job. Dad seems to really enjoy the time with you. Love you Flower. Mom