Friday, April 29, 2011

And the Week Flew By!

Again this week has seemed to catch my by surprise and it's already Friday. Easter came and went (sometimes I feel that holidays are such a blur when you are running from one place to the other). And then I jumped right into the work week.

For my meal this week I ended up cooking Easter lunch here at home for the family. I made my first turkey! I sure didn't think it could be that simple. I mean all I really did was put it in the pan!
Did you know they have bags you can cook it in too? (A tip from the future Mother-in-law)
All the buzz about the Royal Wedding hit on Monday. No I didn't get up at 5am to see the wedding, but boy did she look beautiful! All I have to say is my own wedding can't come soon enough, especially since we hit the 6 month mark yesterday! I just can Not WAIT! All the little details are starting to come together and I am falling in love with it all.

16 days until I lace up my shoes and run 26.2 miles. I found myself procrastinating with the whole training process, but this week I finally ventured out and did about an 18 mile run. 3 hours of running. Not to mention I did my Zumba class and also tried kickboxing. Please say a little prayer for me on Sunday May 15th, that God grant me to strength and perseverance to finish. (Looking to do a 20 mile run next Wednesday and then I will be all done with my long runs.)

Speaking of running, my Dad and I will be participating in the Paper Discovery Duathlon this Sunday. I will run 2 miles, he will bike about 20 miles, and then I will finish us up and run another 2 miles. Check here Sunday night to see how we did!

Happy Friday and hope you the week didn't catch you by surprise!

4 comments:

Uncle Mike said...

Nice blog...Busy Girl. Congrat's on the 1st turkey!
6 m0nths away wooow. Then the fun really begins.

luv ya
Uncle Mike

simplicity said...

Your turkey looks great! And yes the bag makes it extra moist! We actually did our ham in a bag this year too!!

Anonymous said...

The turkey was good. next year you should try the bag as S said it does make it moist.Wish you all the best on all your running. I am here for you love Mom

Anonymous said...

The turkey was amazing and yoou will rock the duathlon and then two weeks from that you will rock the marathon. Love you and I will talk to you soon.