Monday, April 11, 2011

Friends, Love, and Everything in Between

I have been so MIA besides my Tasteful Tuesday blog posts. I have been telling myself to find the words to write more.

Recently my bedtime book has been Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. I have become very fond of this author and her thoughts on life.She also wrote Bittersweet which I also love. A read a chapter the other night which really opened my eyes to everything happening in my life recently. It touched on the subject of friends and she really hit the true meaning of a true friend.

"Friendship is acting out God's love for people in tangible ways. We were made to represent the love of God in each other's lives, so that each person we walk through life with has a more profound sense of God's love for them. Friendship is the opportunity to act on God's behalf in the lives of the people  that we're close to, reminding each other who God is. When we do the hard, intimate work of friendship, we bring a little more of the divine into daily life. We get to remind one another about the bigger, more beautiful picture that we can't always see from where we are."

This weekend was Relay for Life and I am so glad I got to experience and participate with loved ones for loved ones.


We spent Saturday walking in honor of those who lost their battle to cancer, to those fighting their battle with cancer, and to those we survived cancer. Cancer is such a touchy subject. The word is scary because you never know what it will bring. It brings emotions to the surface and it helps show us friendship, love and everything in between.

"True friendship is a sacred, important thing, and it happens when we drop down into that deeper level of who we are, when we cross over into the broken, fragile parts of ourselves."
 Leave a comment of what friendship means to you and a drawing will be done to win this book on Friday, April 15.

Disclaimer: I bought this book and am holding the drawing on my own terms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendship means always being there. Knowing when to give space and knowing when not to. Love the dinner Love Mom

Stacey said...

Friendship means making it through a rough day with crabby kids, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning.... and finding time to laugh and remember how blessed we are when we forget! I could NOT survive without my good friends!

Jake Johnson said...

Friendship means having friends be there for you whenever you have a bad day and feel like they need a shoulder to lean on. It also means to enjoy having a great time with friends and hanging out with them and knowing that they are there to make you laugh. They are always there to pick you right back up when you fall(having a bad day). Thats what I think friends are for.