Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Late again, Tastefull Tuesday!

Just when I feel caught up in life I realize I am so not. Laundry is to the brim (I am all out of running clothes), my room is a mess, and my select "chores" that I have here at home still have not been done. I didn't get to cook dinner on Monday as I had a women's potluck with some of the people that I reconnected with. I will also be posting the recipe for the dessert that I brought!

So I cooked dinner yesterday. I saw this recipe on the Rachael Ray show last week and it looked yummy yet it was different. It is an India chicken recipe and it wasn't anything spectacular . Not sure if I messed somethingup but it tasted like normal chicken to me! You can find the recipe for that here. It is called Sanjeev Kapoor's Quick Jeera Chicken.


My version of Quick Jeera Chicken

Dessert for Women's Potluck! Does the recipe look formilar Aunt Brenda? :) Got lots of good comments on it!
Toffee Brownie Trifle
1 package brownie mix (13x9 pan)
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding
1 package (3.4oz) instant white chocolate pudding
1 carton (8oz) whipped topping
2-3 heath bars, chopped (I sometimes just do chocolate chips)

1. prepare and bake brownies according to the package, follow directions for cake-like brownies (13x9). Cool completely.
2. In a mixing bowl beat the milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 mins. Fold in the whipped topping. 
3. Cut the brownies into small cubes and place half in a 3qt glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat  layers.
4. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars, etc.
5. Refrigerate leftovers

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chicken was good. Just need to remember bone in chicken takes alot longer to cook. love Mom

simplicity said...

Your dessert looks DELICIOUS!!!