Friday, February 11, 2011

Reconnected

Today I got reconnected with a few family members that I have not seen in well over 15 years, if not longer. It was a great time to sit down and talk and share lunch. I wish it could have been more than an hour long!

Not many people know this about me even though I am sure after all these years they can figure it out since I have a different last name then my mother. So here the story goes...When I was born my mom was not married to my biological father and a few years later they broke up. When I was 5 my mom married Eric (my dad!) and since then I have not seen my biological father's family besides my grandpa coming to my graduation party almost 5 years ago.

So about 6 months ago, through facebook, I reconnected with two of my aunts. We sent messages back and forth and about one month ago finally set a date to meet for lunch! So today I reconnected with my Aunt Stacy, Aunt Jean, Aunt Lynn and Nana Geri. Updated them with what was going on in my life (graduating school and planning a wedding) and listened to what was going on in theirs. I liked our time that we shared. I was nervous it was going to be awkward and weird since we have not seen each other in such a long time but we connected!

Now is there someone you have not talked to in a few years maybe do to a misunderstanding, or even in months because you just lost touch? Maybe now is the time to take the chance and reconnect with that person. Drop that grudge you have with them or just call to see what is going on in their life. Trust me, life is short and we don't want to live it without ever knowing.

3 comments:

KC said...

I would have liked to have been there but it would have been like going to a craft store. Maybe we can get together before your wedding.
Congrats,
Uncle Keith

JC said...

Such a funny guy! Next time we go to lunch, we will need eat at Sears in ile by the Craftsman tools.
Aunt Jeanne

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice lunch. I knew it would be good. Love you Mom