Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday

 In the midst of my Tasteful Tuesday blog post I began ready this book Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist. I was looking for a book to provide insight and strength and after reading the prologue I was hooked. I even found this quote that goes perfect with my Tasteful Tuesday blog post!

"When we stop everything else to gather around the table and eat a meal made by someone's hands, we honor our bodies and the God who created them. We honor the world he made and the beauty  of creation. And in  that moment we acknowledge  that even though life is fast and frantic, we're not machines and we do require nourishment, physically and otherwise." ~Shauna Niequist

Last night I made a different kind of meal. I made something that is not in the comfort zone of my family, but I thought it was good! Ham and egg enchiladas it was!

Ham and Egg Enchiladas
1/2 cup diced ham
2 tablespoons butter
8 eggs
8 7-8inch tortilla shells
cheese
enchilada sauce or taco sauce
Salsa, onions and peppers if you wish!
1. Grease a large skillet with the butter. Add in ham (and onions and peppers if you desire).
2. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
3. Add eggs to skillet and cook.
4. Once the eggs are cooked, but still soft, place about 1/3 cup of egg/ham mixture on tortilla shell. Sprinkle with cheese. Place in an 11x7 baking dish (crease face down).
5. Once all the tortillas are in the dish, drizzle the taco/enchilada sauce over the top. Add salsa if you desire. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Cover with foil and place in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for about 20 mins.

Also makes a great breakfast or brunch dish!





2 comments:

Jake Johnson said...

That sure does sound good. It also looks good to. I'm glad you liked what you made.

Anonymous said...

I had one,and ate it. It was not awful.Just not something for me. Josh sure seemed to enjoy them, he had three. cant wait for the next meal. Love you Mom