Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Survived!

For those that do not know I just spent a week in Minnesota. For five days I watched two kids so that my cousin and her husband could go on a kids free vacation. Trust me they needed it! It was everything I expected and more.

I heard the, "my mom lets me..." or the "my mom does this..." and some of them sure put a smile on my face. On Tuesday I was told that "My mom buys me a toy everywhere we go and I always get a toy when we go to McDonalds". I learned to start saying "Well I am not your mom, sorry".

One night I met a bunch of moms at a local community center to let the kids run around and play with some friends. I saw what my life may look like in 6-10 years. It was great to meet up with other adults and have adult conversation even though I always found it referring to the kids anyway. It was also great to get help from those that already have kids and how they deal with certain situations.

I also got very sick one night and was almost tempted to call Josh at midnight and tell him to drive out there because I did not have a clue on how to take care of two kids while being sick. Thank goodness we all needed a day of relaxing so we just played around the house and watched movies. I did get some help later in the afternoon!

Mornings came early and bedtimes for me came even earlier. I loved snuggling and reading books. Doing some special art projects. Having play dates. And yes I did deal with the occasional fit here and there. But I am not their mom and their schedule was crazy busy and lack of sleep sure did not help. So I hope you had a great vacation Samara and Jeff and yes same time next year works for me :)

Evelyn and I

So proud of his superhero undies! 

Thought I would have gotten to take more pictures then this, but my hands were way to full try to keep track of these two bundles of joy and excitement!

2 comments:

simplicity said...

You're the best! I love this post! And love that you weren't able to take any more pics cause you were too busy!
Kids are great and back in the swing of life with mom. Love you!! So much!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you did a great thing for your cousin and her husband samantha. Just be glad that you are now home. I'm sure the kids enjoyed having you aroung for five days. What were the kids like when you left? I bed they were going to miss you.