Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday

Last night I made a batch of chicken chili! It was my wonderful future father-in-law's birthday (and happy birthday to my future mother-in-law today!) so I offered to make dinner last night.

I found a recipe in a book, but as I was cooking I decided to add and take things out of the recipe. So in a way I invented my own recipe! It was a easy dish to make and will be great for, oh lets say, for a SUPERBOWL party! (If you haven't heard the Green Bay Packers are headed to the Superbowl). So here is my version of chicken chili! It is a healthy alternative to regular chili!

Chicken Chili
3lbs of chicken (you can use white and dark, I used whole chicken breast and diced it up into about 1/2 inch squares)
about 2 tablespoons of paprika
 3 tablespoons of chili powder
2 cans (29 oz each) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can of chili beans
3 tablespoons dried chopped onion (you can use fresh chopped onion, I just have picky eaters)

1. Dice chicken into 1/2 inch squares
2. Mix chicken and paprika in large sauce pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink (about 8 mins)
3. Mix chicken, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beans, chili powder and onion (you could also add peppers) in large kettle or crock pot
4. Cook. I would say to let it cook for at least an hour before serving. I had mine on low for about 3 hours last night.

Serve with noddles and cheese if that is what you prefer!

Hope you all enjoy this recipe and GO PACKERS GO!
 

No comments: