Sunday, January 2, 2011

Taking A Look Back!

I can't believe it is 2011 already! I feel like it was just yesterday when we were approaching the year 2000. Now in the past 10 years I have gone to high school, graduated high school, gone to college (three different ones!), got engaged, and graduated college. There is so much more, but you would be here all day reading everything that has happened in the past 10 years.

2010 was a year to remember and I just want to take a look back....

In January I found myself in Miami helping build houses with Habitat for Humanity. Boy, what a fun but tiring experience!
South Beach, Miami






Whitney and I in the rafters


  
February saw us celebrating a dear friends wedding! March was a whirl wind of experiences. I tried a new diet of all organic/natural foods and no meat and diary. Only lasted about a month. I also participated in Relay for Life.
Some of the walking crew!


April came and I found myself in La Crosse visiting some friends for the last time. I also register for classes for the last time!
Amanda, Kate, Ashley and I

May was a month full of excitement, new additions and accomplishments! My mom and dad adopted two puppies from the Bay Area Humane Society. Josh graduated from St. Norbert College and turned 22. Friends came home from school for the summer.
Legend and Sierra


Sierra


Legend

June was the start of a jam packed summer. I picked up running again and ran in my first Bellin Run (10k ~ 6.2 miles). Also found myself singing karaoke with a great group of friends. Josh and I started summer softball again.

July was full of activities. The first annual camping days was held up in Door County. I also spent a long weekend with with my family in Mackinaw City, Michigan. 
Pictured Rocks, Michigan

Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Island
 
The end of August brought a visit to Minnesota. September Josh and I participated in the Breath of Hope Lung Cancer Run/Walk in Minnesota in honor of my Aunt Nan. I also ran in my first half marathon (2 hours and 17 minutes!!). My last semester of college began.
Samara and I at the Breath of Hope Lung Cancer Run/Walk

Fox Cities Half Marathon

In October my dad and I did our first Duathlon together. He biked 32 miles and I ran 3 miles and then 1 mile to finish it up. It took us 2 hours and 14 minutes. I also participated in the Breast Cancer walk. Josh and I  had our engagement pictures done and hit the one year march to our wedding! We also had a big family gathering to celebrate my Uncle Burl's big 5-0!
All rights - Erin Jean Photography
 November we ran 5 miles in the Green Bay Turkey Trot and I turned 23.
 
In December I graduated college!! Celebrated my last Christmas living with my parents.
UWGB graduation
2010 was full of so much fun and excitement, but I am so excited for 2011.May you all be blessed with a healthy and joyous 2011!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a full year. I sure am glad I was there to watch it all unfold. I am very proud of all you have accomplished. I Love you. Love your Mom

Anonymous said...

I love you and I'm so proud of you! Great posts girl!

Love,

Ash