Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday

Welcome to tasteful Tuesday! I thought with a wedding fast approaching and the big move (out of my parents house that is) also approaching I better start working on my cooking skills so I don't find Josh and I eating mac and cheese for every meal (even though I would). I got some cook books at Christmas and found myself paging through them the other day.

As a challenge, I will make my family dinner on Monday nights and share the recipe on Tuesday.

The recipe I am going to share today is called Pizza Casserole. It is simple and easy and takes about 1 hour from start to finish. *Ground turkey can be a substitute for ground beef

Pizza Casserole
2 cups uncooked rotini or other short pasta 
1.5lb-2lb of ground beef
1 can (15oz) pizza sauce
1 can (8oz) of tomato sauce
1 can (6oz) of tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
about 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
pepperoni slices
*You can also add other ingredients that you enjoy on a pizza

1. Preheat over to 350. Cook pasta as indicated on package. Set aside
2. (This step you can do while the water is boiling/pasta is cooking) Cook ground beef (and if you have other pizza ingredients add them here) in large skillet until the meat is no longer pink. Set aside
3. Combined cooked pasta, pizza sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, garlic salt, and oregano is large bowl. Add beef mixture and combine
4. Place half the mixture in a 3-quart casserole dish and top with about 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers. Arrange pepperoni slices on the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

Recipe from Home Tested Casserole Recipes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed dinner it was very tasty. Your dd ate quite a lot and finished it off today. I enjoy it because I do not have to worry about whats for dinner. Love mom

Anonymous said...

I spy a recipe with cheese in it!!!! Now...Do you really think your stomach, and my stomach likes us when we eat cheese?!?! NO!!! Haha, just kidding, we eat it anyway! Sounds DELICIOUS!!!

Ash